US DOT SAP Evaluations
A (SAP) is a Substance Abuse Professional who evaluates employees who fail Department of Transportation (DOT) alcohol, and or, drug tests. A Substance Abuse Professional plays a significant role in helping employee’s return to work, by providing an initial SAP evaluation and a follow up SAP evaluation.
SAP, like James (AL) Armstrong, have specific qualifications/training to perform SAP evaluations. Yet, many Chemical Dependency Professionals (CDP) in Washington State are unfamiliar with SAP evaluations. Therefore, if you are in need of a SAP evaluation, make sure your CDP is SAP qualified.
A SAP must understand alcohol and drug regulations in these six industries:
- FAA: oversees civil aviation, commercial aircraft, shuttle and private planes.
- FMCSA: oversees truck and buses.
- FRA: oversees railroads.
- FTA: oversees public transportation, subways, light rail, all rail transportation, and people movers.
- PHMSA: oversees shipments of hazardous materials and energy transported by pipelines.
* USCG: oversees ports and waterways.
James (Al) Armstrong is a nationally qualified SAP who understands DOT procedures of the work place drug and alcohol testing programs, under 49 C.F.R. 40.
Find out more: The SAP Assessment Process explained click here
Contact James (Al) Armstrong to get your SAP evaluation started.